Kid Safe Belt
THERE IS NOTHING WORSE FOR A PARENT THAN LOSING A CHILD
Now imagine if the tragedy could have been PREVENTED!
A million families lose a child to a preventable injury every year around the world. Too many families don't have access to the information and resources they need to keep their kidssafe from tragedies such as drowning, car crashes, fires and falls!
Parents should teach children how to be safe pedestrians and how to be safe drivers or riders whether traveling in a bike, car or road. This article describes some easy tips for parents and they can take to help make children safety on roads. By advising the road and traffic awareness to them, you can ensure your child remains safe. Parents should also follow these easy tips while crossing the road with your child.
Tips for parents while walking with your child on road
- Should walk with your child on pavement unless you are crossing roads
- If you are walking on the left pavement, have your child on your left and hold the child’s right hand. If you are walking on the right pavement, have your child on your right and hold the child’s left hand –
- Never leave the child hand unless you are in a safe place, since children are distractive and tend to run
- At cross roads ask them to watch left and right, front and behind to check for any speedy vehicles. Advice the children to not cross the road where they cannot see far along the road.
- Make sure the children use a zebra crossing or a school crossing patrol if there is one
- Children are easily distracted and forget the things. So remind your children to concentrate what they have been taught.
Tips for parents while riding on two wheeler
- Thanks to the infrastructure giving rise to good roads that we could speed on the outskirts / highways / ring roads, etc. With different modes of transportation like buses, autos, cars in India, this becomes even more challenging. Yes all slow moving traffic should be on the left and fast moving vehicles on the right. However it is advisable for the two wheeler riders also be on the left lanes to avoid accidents.
- · Avoid using cell phones or smart phones while riding
- · Riders, pinion riders and children need to use approved helmets for safety.
- · Children should use KidSafeBelt for two wheeler to avoid falls
Parents and guardian plays an immense role to train their children about road safety. Children could learn about safety on the road more by experience. Parents, should tell the things to talk about when and why it is safe to cross the road with your child, whenever crossing roads so they can gain a good understanding of road safety issues.
As you know, prevention is better than cure. Training about safety to kids is better than experiencing them
We sometimes read on newspaper about accidents and always take it for granted that it is a one off case that happens to others. We may not know when it is happens to us!
Wish you a Safe and Secure ride with your loved one !